Tuesday 16 April 2013

Fathers Day

Good morning

Following on from yesterdays post about using up your leftover papers from your scrapbooks, today I would like to share with you another idea I had recently.

Whilst tiding my craft room recently I came across a folder with a lot (lot) of die cut decoupage which I had sat, cut out and made up over the dark winter months. So I challenged myself to use only cardblanks, one colour of Plain cardstock and one or two patterned papers to make all six cards up. All the toppers were Forever Friends Male toppers, so that helped as I knew they would all go with the same papers.

I decided to use 7x5" card blanks for all of the cards as the toppers were quite big and overwhelmed an A6 card.

In this first picture I matted the checked paper onto the blue bazzil cardstock. Then I die cut the same paper with a nesties labels 11, and then matted this onto a larger die cut from the same blue card.  There is room for a sentiment, but not sure what I am using it for yet so haven't put that on.


For this next card I kept things very simple, I matted the stripy paper onto the blue cardstock and put onto the card. Then I matted the decoupaged image onto the same blue card.
Again there is room for a sentiment at the bottom if needed.


For the last card today I matted the checked paper onto the blue cardstock as a base. I then matted the decoupaged image onto the same blue card.
Then with the narrow (1/4") strips of paper I matted these onto a 1/2" strip of blue card and placed them along the bottom and down the right hand side.
This card was then finished off with three blue candy dots top left and bottom right. 
Again there is space for a sentiment.

Pop back tomorrow for the rest of the cards made.


Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my creations.

Gill


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card...well done! I am really useless at making cards but loving looking at other people's cards, Beverley/ Bubbleblitt

    ReplyDelete