Friday 1 February 2013

Good morning

Well I don't know what happened to yesterdays post, it must have got lost!

Today I would like to share with you a project I made a while ago. I had bought a SarasBinder small book which came with inserts and dividers.

If I had been clever I would have taken a photo as it came, before I decorated it :)

This is front cover, I painted the notebook with a paint called White Chocolate :) mmmmmmmm
Then I used a paper collection from Basic Grey called Urban Prairie. This came as a free gift from a craft amagzine ages ago, and I kept didn't really like it but kept it anyway. When I found it again during a tidyup in the middle of a few dark winter days it really looked cheerful so I decided to use it.

For both of the inside covers I used the same yellow paper and then attached some more over the top to make pockets. I have edged the one on the inside front with a strip of paper from another sheet from the range.

The birdies on the left hand pocket and also on the first divider were hand cut from a sheet of the paper. The birds were gorgeous, but I felt that as the paper was very dark, it didn't quite go with the rest so I chopped it up instead!

Each of the dividers have been covered with papers from the same range and edged with red Distress ink.



With the basic kit you also got a couple of pockets This one I stamped around the edge with a flourish stamp and tehn cut a panel from the papers to go in the middle.


This is the back of the pocket which I also stamped. The inside back page pocket wascut at an angle and esged with one of the border stickers which came from the pack. The swirl at the top also came from the sheet of stickers.

This is an envelope which I also decorated to match.


I hope you have enjoyed this little project as a change from my cards.


Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my creations.

Gill

2 comments: