Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Patterned Paper

Good Morning

Today I would like to share with you a couple of cards I made at a recent workshop at The Stamp Pad, in Saddleworth. I don;t know about you but I seem to have far to much patterned paper. You know how you buy a set and you love 80% of the papers and use them then you are left with the other 20% which you are not that keen on, or they are the wrong shade, just not quite right!

On this first card we used some patterned paper for the background and then stamped the mannequin image onto cream cardstock. We then stamped the image onto patterned cardstock a further three times. From these images we then cut out the dress and stuck it onto the cream cardstock. The we cut out just the skirt down to the bottom ruffle ad then again to the top ruffle. This then allowed ut to layer the dress up and give it dimension. The same patterned paper from the background was cut for a border and a flourish stamp added to it.

For this second card, we used shade of the same colour and then inked all the edges to bring the card together. Here we used a couple of nesties and die cut flourishes. The panel across the middle was cream carkstock which had been embossed with an embossing folder and then inked with the same green distress ink to tie the whole card together.

Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my creations.