Wednesday 26 June 2013

A Candle

Good Morning

Today I would like to share with you a candle which I decorated with a stamped image. If you regularly read my blog you will have seen that I did a workshop with this technique at the beginning of the month. This is my first attempt on my own!


The image was stamped onto Tissue Paper and then gently coloured in with Promarkers, you have to be really careful otherwise it can rip very easily. Then I laid the image onto the candle and wrapped with greaseproof paper. This was then gently heated so that the candle wax melted slightly and absorbed the tissue into the candle. Then I set about decorating, this actually took much longer that transferring the image :)


I put some lace around the bottom of the candle, then added some flowers from Wild Orchid and some pearl sprays from my stash. I then decorated the candle with pale pink pearl paint in little 'blobs' randomly around the image.


This is the view from the front.
The image I used was from Lili of the Valley - Baby Christening.
Coloured in with Promarkers.
Lace from my stash.
Flowers fromWild Orchid


Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my creations.

Gill

1 comment: