Saturday 11 December 2010

Promises

Hi there

How many of you have hubbys or partners who promise other people that you will do a personalised card for them, before they ask you? !
My hubby has promised our neighbour a card for his wife for christmas. Not any old card though, their garden came 3rd in the local Gardens In Bloom competition, so I was given 3 photos of their garden looking fantastic in the snow of the last week!

This is my first attempt, with a jumping poinsetta! Quite nice I thought, given that they wanted the photo of the garden and I felt quite restricted by this. My hubby came in to see how the card was coming along and said, "well thats  not as good as you normally do, can't you do something better? ! ? So after taking it apart and spending another hour on it this is what I came up with. I must admit that I do really like it now.
  

I again used the Marianne papers and a prima poinsetta, however I didn't like the leaves which came with the Prima flower so I die cut some Marianne ones and seperated them and used these instead! The frame was nked using Tattered Rose and then Nesties used for the greeting.

Happy Crafting

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work there, don't you just love husbands :) lol

    ReplyDelete