Thursday 3 October 2013

Classy Christmas

Good Morning

Well as promised, today I am going to show you the last card we made on the Christmas Card workshop last week at The Stamp Pad.

This one was probably the one I thought I was going to struggle the most with, if I am being honest. But it is the one I have fallen in love with the most.


For this card we stated off with a 7x5" card blank which we used landscape.
The postcard image was stamped onto white card.
We then colourd in the houses, trees, holly and berries with watercolour pencils.
We then added some blue where the snow was lying.
The image was then gently inked around the edges with distress inks.
This was matted onto some red patterned paper, which had had the edges distressed.
This was then matted at an angle onto some green patterned paper, again with the edges distressed.
On the corner, top right and bottom left was added some frantage and then gently heated from underneath, this is so the frantage powders didn't all fly away before they melted.
When sticking the green paper down, I didn't stick two of the corners and these have curled up. Which I quite like the effect of.
The card blank was also inked with the distress ink so it all tied together.


Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my creations.

Gill

1 comment:

  1. Ooo!! I love that image - fabbie stamp and I love the vintage look - may have to go track that stamp down myself.

    ReplyDelete