Sunday 4 November 2012

Paper Bag Cards

Hello there

Today I would like to share with you a couple of paper bag cards which i made during a fabby workshop with Gwen at The Stamp Pad.  I have to admit that I had no idea what a paper bag card was, I had heard of paper bag books before but not cards.

This first card is simply a paper bag with the block bottom on the right hand side, this was stuck down. A green mat on this and then a piece of blue patterned paper on the other half of the bag. A sentiment was then stamped onto the same paper as the left hand side and stuck at a jaunty angle on the front (because I couldn't get it straight :) ) The striped ribbon was stuck across the front and then the ends were tucked into the fold of the bag. Into the bag we put a large tag, this could hold secret messages, a gift voucher or even a promise for you to do something for the recipient (free babysitting etc)

On this second card the bottom flap was folded upwards and stuck only on three sides to create a pocket. The orange stripy paper was then attached. The papers are from Kaisercraft, the thing I love about Kaiser papers in that on the back of the index strip they put a coordinating pattern, in this case the red strip with white stars. The transportation paper was trimmed to size and stuck to the top  part of the bag. Using a circle punch we cut a notch out to enable the recipient to easily pull the tag out. Again this could just be a place for your message or it could be a promise certificate. The orange ribbon was attached and the ends tucked inside the bag.

I really enjoyed making these cards and will never look at a paper bag in the same way again :)


Thanks for stopping by. 
I appreciate all comments you may have on my cards.

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment