Thursday 1 September 2011

A canvas

Hi there

Well hopefully this post publishes as I want it too, thursday morning!
This is a canvas I made in a workshop run by a good friend of mine, Julie Dawson, over at The Stamp Pad, in Saddleworth.
The canvas is an 8x8"canvas. This was painted quite roughly with aubergine paint and then dry brushed with white acrylic paint. The squares of paper are from a range by Paper Artsy called Thornden Hall. The paper came in the 2" squares as a sampler of the full 12x12" range. All we had to do was to trim them down individually! Not as simple as it seemed! I mis-measured one square and then had to redo the rest to match!
Each square was the decorated, the middle on was stamped, some had glossy accents put on sections to highlight them. Two corner ones had accent beads added.

Cogs and things were inked to match and added, Tim Holtz frangments were added to show sections and then it was finished off with some beaded trim.

 When I saw it i didn't like it at all and attached it, thinking I would pull it off at home later, but once on, I love it. In my bedroom on the wall, when the sun shines!, it just kind of dances in the light!

4 comments:

  1. Wow it is gorgeous...I bet it looks great in your bedroom there are so many lovely things on it to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas, so many elements that all work so beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and love the flourishes :)

    ReplyDelete