A while ago some of you would have been in shock had I done some decoupage cards! I always found them quite fiddly and tiresome to have to cut them out :)
However, whilst I was laid up after my operation, and not being able to lift anything heavier than a brew! I sat and cut out a number of flower decoupage sheets and kept them all seperated in the coin bags you get from the Post Office. When I felt a bit better, I used my bone folder to shape them and then used silicone glue to stick them together.
Well today I can show you some that I have now made up into cards! Does 7 weeks from start to finish making a card set any kind of record??
This is another version matted onto mirri card and then Coral card, leaving a slightly larger border at the bottom an add some gems. Then a narrow strip of mirri card down the left hand side sets it off well.
This is slightly different version with a different butterfly. When I cut the mat on this I must have had a 'moment' as as you can see the mirri mat is nowhere near big enough! Don't know who measured that one.
So I decided to put it off set behind the main image and then mat onto the coral card and add some bling.
The decoupage sheets were bought from The Stamp Pad during a demo day. They were half price and as I knew I would be laid up, thought I would give them a go!
Hope this gives you some ideas, remember, there are no mistakes in crafting, only happy accidents!