Monday 25 July 2011

Hi There

Hi

Sorry for no posting last week, life seems to have got in the way of crafting in the last week or so!
Any way, I thought I would share with you a project I made at a recent workshop at The Stamp Pad in Saddleworth. The workshop was run by the Fabby Julie, for those of you who don't Julie, she does amazing stuff but isn't very 'pretty and girly' in her crafting.
This was made with a piece of Foamboard. The paper is from Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Pad. The background was coloured with Distress Stains in Broken China then I inked the bird with normal distress inks. The 2 recesses were cut out of the foamboard before the paper was attached, then the hole were re-cut in the paper. Before the backing paper was applied, I stamped my quote which appears in the bottom recess.

The square foamboard which was taken from the top was covered with some of the off cut from the12x12 paper. The edges of this, and the edges of the main piece were then finished off with Tim's Tissue Tape. Once stuck in place this was inked to tone in with the rest of the project.


The butterfly in the top recess was a metal embellishment, the two birds and butterfly were wooden embellishments covered with Dark grey Inka Gold, then some Accent Beads added.Some lace ribbon down the left hand side and two tickets from Tim Holtz, These were all inked to tone in and then the tickets were attached with a Tim, Memo pin.


I really wasn't sure about this when it was finished, but it has really grown on me. So much so that  I have made another one! But that is for another time :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the mix of teal and brown on this - great job!

    ReplyDelete