Thursday 28 July 2011

A Birthday Card

Hi There

Well after a few posts of Altered stuff, I have made a card!
This card is for a very special young lady's birthday.


I used a 7x5" scalloped edge card blank. The backing paper is from a Craftwork Cards Set of gorgeous pink, cream and beige's with foiling on. I then got out my trustie Nesties, Labels 10. I used the two largest sizes in white and purple. The white nestie was edges with pink Distress Ink. The main image on the card is a decoupage Me to You, Tatty Ted, Bear. This was shaped and layered with pinflair glue to give  it a bit more dimension.  The tag at the bottom was another nestie from the Fancy Tags Two set, again this was inked with distress inks. After searching for ages to find a ribbon to match, to thread through the tag, I had almost given up. Then I had a brianwave of using a narrow strip of the purple cardstock and threading this through the tag. A Happy Birthday peel off and the card is done.

Happy Crafting

4 comments: