Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Foam Board Project

Hi there

A few days ago I showed a project I had made on a workshop using Kraft Resist paper and foamboard. Well I have had a play and made another one, without Julie's help. It was a little scary at first, I was worried I would cut the foamboard in the wrong place or the paper. But it is only paper and I had some more!
Again the foamboard project was done landscape. This time the butterfly paper was used and inked all over with distress inks in victorian velvet, mustard seed and dried marigold. Edged with tissue tape, the tickets and lace were all inked to match.
 A stamped butterfly, from Elusive Images fills the top recess with a small dragonfly charm at the bottom right. The foamboard from here was covered and tissue taped as before. The I cut a butterfly from the rest of the 12x12 paper, this was then covered with Diamond Glaze and left to set. This gives the butterfly an epoxy type covering.
The foam board in the other recess was trimmed down so that if fitted back in the recess, leaving a small gap around three sides and a larger one at the bottom. The saying was stamped and embossed in black onto some paper, left over from another project. This was then wrapped around the foamboard and stuck into place. There is no truth in the rumor by my hubby that this was done to cover up some wonky stamping! Well there is a bit on dodge stamping underneath!
The main butterfly was glittered using stickles in Icicle, which I spread with my fingers, and the top butterfly was done using distress stickles in Rock Candy. The bird at the bottom was covered with grey Inka Gold and then covered using Accent Beads.

1 comment: