Tuesday 28 February 2012

Another Fold Out Book

Hi there

Well as promised yesterday, today I am going to show you another min book I made using the Vita Bella range, from Little Yellow Bicycle. This one was made over a week or two, I kept looking at it and then going back and changing things or adding things to it.
With this one, I think I have kind of gone to town on it as I have made it for my Mum to put pictures in it of her great grandson and her great nephew, who were both born within a week of each other in January.
As you can see rather than just the circle I have added two prima flowers held together with a brad to hold the book together.
When you open out the left and right hand sides you get a photo mat which has been inked with distress inks to take the starkness off the white. At the top you will also see a small round circle this enables you to lift the photo mat open to put either journalling or another photo underneath.

Again when you lift the top and bottom out there are more photo mats. It is quite hard to see but as well as inking the edges with distress inks I have also inked a swirl stamp and stamped this on them as well.
As you can see the three photo mats all are hinged and open up for space for more photos or jounalling.
This photo show more of the tag which is in the pocket on the right hand side. Again this can be used for a photo or to keep information about the births, date, times and weights etc.

Again the project was bought from The Stamp Pad

I hope you like these two different looks from the one project.

Happy Crafting

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful, I love the colour selection you've done it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really lovely Gill.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that looks really gorgeous and congratulations on your 50th card

    ReplyDelete