Thursday 3 February 2011

Seaside House

Well a promised I am going to show you my Wooden House, which I have altered with a seaside theme to go in the bathroom. I picked some gorgeous bits and pieces up from The Range the other week. Ther was a Sign which said 'To The Beach', an old fashioned lighthouse and an wooden boat which holds three tea lights. Perfect for lighting to relax in the bath and read a good book. But one of the walls looked very bare and 'not quite right'. After I altered the wooden house last week I bought another house. I then set about altering this to fit in with the sea theme for my bathroom.

It was sponged with a pale blue acrylic paint and then washed over with a darker blue. I have added some raffia to look like sailors netting, my UTEE duck, starfish and swirly shell. I used papers which look like sand and also one which was just pictures of shells on the beach, both of which I bought from The Stamp Pad. I have also added some pieces of blue swirly ribbon to represent the sea. Now I just need some photos of my boys to finish it off.

4 comments:

  1. I really like it,especially the UTEE duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - love the colours and sandy papers, and the UTEE embellishments are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work, the UTEE embellies really work well with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the different effect

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete