Monday 17 October 2011

Wild Orchid Challenge

Good Morning

Today I would like to show you my entry for this weeks Wild Orchid Challenge. The theme this week is Christmas Fun. I'd like to think my stamped image shows this little girl is having fun.
Although this was a Christmas stamp, I have coloured her in autumnal colours and used this as a basis for my card. The card is a 5.5" square card blank, the brown backing paper is by Artoz, the Autumn pad. The stripe down the left and the backing for the image are also from this pad. The Nellie stamp was coloured with my promarkes and then die cut with Nesties large scalloped oval. This image was then gently inked with spiced marmalade distress inks whilst still in the die, to give the white edge. I have glittered her cuffs and the fur around her hood and also her star. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I am so loving flowers at the moment!
Hope you like what I have done with this stamp. So a Christmas stamp may not necessarily be just for Christmas :) May have to look at some of my other ones now.

3 comments:

  1. I love the autumn colours you have used. Pretty design too. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work! Thanks for playing at WOC.
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is totally gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week hun x

    ReplyDelete